AFL Barwon has confirmed CDFNL senior football and netball will return this weekend, following this afternoon’s further easing of restrictions.
AFL Barwon said in a statement this evening it was delighted to welcome back Senior Men’s Football and Senior Netball across the GFNL, BFNL and CDFNL- along with spectators, for this weekend.
Below are a summary of key changes following the announcement and what it means for Regional Victoria and our region:
- People can now travel between Regional Victoria and Metropolitan Melbourne, meaning those who normally reside in metro Melbourne are able to participate in AFL Barwon sanctioned competition
- Spectators are allowed within the following venue limits;
- A maximum outdoor venue capacity of 1000 people
- A maximum indoor capacity of 300people
- Both indoor and outdoor capacities have density quotients of 1 person per 4sqm
- The maximum group size indoors is 50 people
- Masks must be worn indoors except if an exemption applies.
- Masks are recommended to be worn outdoors where 1.5 meters physical distance cannot be maintained.
Further, fixtures for all competitions this weekend will take place as scheduled in our ‘Play On’ plan last week. Full complete fixtures and subsequent season fixtures will be released shortly.
We would like to take the opportunity to thank our governing bodies, AFL Victoria and Netball Victoria for their continued advocacy for regions and leagues across the state in extremely trying circumstance.
Buy the Colac Herald print edition, which has full coverage of all the region’s news and sport.Where To Buy
Updated Return to Play protocols are expected to be ratified ahead of the weekend once the Restricted Activity Directions (RAD) are released by the Chief Health Officer.
Finally, we greatly appreciated the collaborative support and feedback member clubs continue to show. We are thrilled to welcome them all back to a full return this weekend.