Book Display Advertising
Fill out our online Display Advertising Booking Form to have a advertising sales consultant contact you.
For inquiries, contract rate details, and material copy, please call The Colac Herald advertising department on 03-5231 5322 or contact us.
The Colac Herald is a paid, tri-weekly newspaper published in Victoria’s vibrant south-west.
Click on the distribution map, right, for full details of The Colac Herald’s extensive coverage of south-west Victoria.
Read more details about our distribution.
For all rate inquiries, please contact the Colac Herald on 5231 5322.
Full colour or spot colour is available on any advertisement for an additional cost.
Printed web offset in process colour. Page size: depth 38cm excluding folio – width 26cm (62 picas) over 7 columns. 1 column – 34mm 2 columns – 72mm 3 columns – 110mm 4 columns – 148mm 5 columns – 186mm 6 columns – 224mm 7 columns – 260mm.
Display Booking And Material Deadlines
- Monday edition: 5pm Wednesday prior
- Wednesday edition: 5pm Thursday prior
- Friday edition: 5pm Monday prior
- Monday edition: 12 noon Wednesday prior
- Wednesday edition: 12 noon Friday prior
- Friday edition: 10am Tuesday prior
Proofs And Alterations
Digital proofs can be provided. Alterations (limited to literals, prices etc.) must be advised by 4pm two working days prior to publication.
Any bookings cancelled on the day prior to publication will incur a fee of 15% of the total cost of the booking.
- Minimum typeface size: 6pt
- Minimum reverse typeface size: 8pt
- ALL fonts must be embedded
- Resolution: 200ppi
- Colour mode: CMYK
- File formats: High quality JPEG, TIFF, EPS or PDF
- PDFs must be created with Print preset settings
- ALL fonts must be embedded or outlined
- PDF files should contain CMYK colours only for colour advertisements
- Emails should be no larger than 5Mb
- Text to be sent as ‘text only’
- Logos to be sent as TIFF, EPS or PDF and CMYK or mono depending on advertisement colour requirements.
- Bitmap artwork resolution must be 600dpi
- Images should be at least 200dpi JPEG or TIFF files
If Posting Material, Please Include:
- Client name
- Agency name (if applicable)
- Contact phone number:
- Publication date/s:
- Advertisement size: (Height x colum width)
- Colour details, Mono, Spot or CMYK
- Advertisement key number and /or caption
- Your Colac Herald sales contact
The Colac Herald is produced on an IBM system. Files will be accepted via Quickcut, Websend or may be emailed or provided on DVD as PDF file. Otherwise, material must comprise layout, copy, reflective art, or transparency.
Payment to be made prior to publication by cheque, credit card or direct debit. The publishers shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by reason of any advertisement being omitted or misplaced.